101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge
The mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e., no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e., represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start date: Wednesday, January 1, 2014
End date: Wednesday, September 28, 2016
+ FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS
- Brings my kids to a park.
- Reconnect with an old friend.
- Plan a family vacation.
- Do 20 fun toddler activities and games with my kids.
- Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life.
- Give someone a handmade gift.
+ CREATE & LEARN
- Create a scrapbook.
- Create or go on a scavenger hunt.
- Create 10 handmade cards and send it to friends.
- Create an inspiration board.
- Design a shirt and have it printed.
- Learn to cook at least 5 of my favorite food.
- Learn 50 new things by clicking the random articles button on Wikipedia.
- Learn how to surf.
- Finish 5 DIY projects.
- Learn how to swim.
- Learn to eat with chopsticks.
- Learn a new language.
- Take a free online class.
- Expand my vocabulary by 100 words.
+ ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Watch 100 movies I’ve never seen before and keep a list.
- Watch every Academy Awards Best Picture beginning the year I was born (1986).
- Watch a concert.
- Listen to every song in my music library (1000+ and counting).
- Attend a film festival.
- Watch Pyrolympics.
- Finish 5 TV series.
- Try doodling.
- Take a photography class.
- Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet.
- Have professional photos taken.
- Participate in the 100 Strangers photo challenge.
- Complete a 365 day photo challenge.
- Do at least 10 creative photographs with Yael (http://wengenninwonderland.com).
- Declutter my house.
- Organize my computer files.
- Clean out my closet.
- Keep my office workstation clutter-free.
+ TRAVEL & OUTDOORS
- Go cycling.
- Go on a picnic.
- Go on a road trip.
- Join a fun run.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Explore a cave.
- Climb a mountain.
- Go on a zipline.
- Visit a zoo.
- Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day.
- Go horseback riding.
- Go stargazing.
Go ice skating.
- Ride a ferris wheel.
- Watch a meteor shower
- Spend a day at the beach.
- Take a tour of Rizal province.
- Go to at least 10 tourist destinations in Metro Manila.
- Eat in 10 restaurants I’ve never eaten before.
- Try 10 new drinks.
- Bake cupcakes.
- Try a new flavor of ice cream.
- Eat a piece of fruit everyday for a month.
- No fast food for a month
+ FASHION & BODY
- Get a henna tattoo.
- Get my eyebrows threaded and maintain it
- Get a full body massage.
- Curl my hair.
- Dye my hair a new colour.
Buy a pair of sneakers and use it.
- Dress up at least once a month (with heels).
- Paint my nails an unusual color.
- Buy a new camera.
- Get a passport.
- Maximize the use of my kids’ and my HMO dental card.
- Buy a bookcase.
Buy a new cellphone.
- Do volunteer work at least once.
- Volunteer at a local animal rescue.
- Influence a person to make a day zero list.
- Buy a lottery ticket.
- Host a theme party.
- Do 101 Sudoku puzzles.
- Ask friends to fill out a slambook.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Complete a coloring book.
- Tie a note to a balloon and let it go.
- Complete a set of Coca Cola glasses.
+ BUSINESS & CAREER & MONEY
- Save Php200 for every task I complete.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Start tracking my finances.
Open a savings account.
- Develop an alternative source of income.
- Increase my savings account to Php—.
+ WRITE & READ
- Read all Harry Potter books and watch the movies.
- Read 100 books and keep a list.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
- Read the Bible.
- Write all my bad memories on paper, burn this paper afterwards.
Start a blog.(done, 1/5/2014)
- Answer the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind”.
- Write a new list for the next 1001 days.
- Normal font – still to be done
- Italicized – in progress
- Strike through – done!
I may or may not accomplish all of these things in the prescribed period. But I’m determined to finish them all even though the 1001 days are up. So, would you like to join me on my journey? 🙂